Course Outline: SGDA Junior Dyslexia Assessment Training
SGDA registered professionals are allowed to register for this training and offer assessment services once successfully completed.
Registration Fee: R550.00 per delegate
CPD Points: 2
Duration: 90 minutes
After registration, you will only have access for 72 hours during which you have to watch the presentation and complete the quiz.
Only HPCSA registered individuals who have successfully completed the professionals course and is a registered SGDA professional can enrol for the Junior Dyslexia Assessment Training Course.
Important Information & Course Outline
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Facts about Dyslexia
- 3. Signs of Dyslexia
- 4. Difficulties & Strengths in School
- 5. 7 Myths About Dyslexia
- 6. Outlay of the SGJDA Assessment
- 7. 30 Questions Asked to Parents
- 8. Visual Perception & Examination
- 9. Visual Spatial Relations
- 10. Eidetic Decoding
- 11. Phonological Awareness Skills Test
Steps how to learn to read.
Facts about Dyslexia and other related language-based learning disabilities.
- Grades R-2
- Grade R & Grade 1
- Grade 2 through to High School
Common myths about Dyslexia.
- Theory Manual
- Perceptual Exam
- Reversals Exam
- Eidetic Identification
- Phonological Awareness Skills Test
Questions asked to the Parents of a Dyslexic Child
- What is Visual Perception?
- Visual Discrimination
- Visual Memory
- Visual Sequential Memory
- Figure Ground
- Visual Closure
- Visual Form Constancy
- Building visual spatial reasoning skills
- Piaget’s Stages of Cognitive Development
- Identification of alphabetical letters
- Identification of 3 letter words
- Identification of frequently used words
Different steps of PAST Test